Hey friends, welcome to my blog! I have seriously been talking about starting one for YEARS now and, well, here is my very first post (whooo)! Honestly, I just wanted a little space to share style ideas, thoughts, home inspiration, Mama things (that I will forever be learning and never know enough about!) and everything else in between.
For this first post I’m just going to keep it simple. A few ‘about me’ things and some photos to follow.
5 Things about me:
- My name is Angela Jayne Michell-Joseph, yes four (first) names. I just couldn’t bear to drop my maiden name Michell (it’s french & sounds like the female first name Michelle) when I got married so I hyphenated … and now it sounds like I’m listing off the names of my non-existent children.
- I’m married to my best friend who is a wonderful husband, Daddy, and a total BAMF when it comes to being an entrepreneur in the creative, branding, and video world. I could say a lot here but it’s better if I just show you in this link.
- I’m a new Mama to the sweetest little thing. Her name is Lanie (short for Elaine) named after my late Grandma who was a wonderful person with a very green thumb and a beautiful soul. I was fortunate enough to live with her during my college years. She taught me how to cook and I taught her how to live with a free spirit! 😉
- I’m a creative through and through. I have a BFA in Fiber Arts and Illustration from The College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I’ve worked as a designer for large retail corporations here in Ohio… but got out after 4ish years because I just couldn’t balance my creativity, gut health, and doing that 9-5 grind. I now own a curated gift box company called Bequest Gifting Studio and do lots of freelance design and DIY projects to keep my creative juices flowing.
- I’m human, imperfect, not always grammatically correct, occasionally lose my temper, love flowers, dream about sweet potato fries, enjoy hosting in our newly renovated home, and saved by grace. I don’t pretend to know or have all of the answers. There are hopes, longings, and desires that I have deep in my heart. Some of those things I plan to share on this little piece of internet that I am claiming and some are for me to keep to myself. Thanks for being interested in what I have to offer, be it simple, silly, deep, helpful, beautiful, or confusing … we’re only on this Earth for a short time so thank you for reading this and following along, this is going to be a fun journey however it blossoms 🙂
Photography by Coley & Co.
Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. – Anonymous